We have regular Wednesday Night Sailing that provides for sailing a course around marker buoys that will challenge both new and experienced sailors. While traditionally this has been ‘race night’, the focus in 2022 is for it to be ‘cruise night’ to enable the widest participation and just to have fun and “re-socialize” after the past two years of pandemic restrictions. We meet at the ‘Rec Deck’ after sailing to socialize, and enjoy hot dogs and libations.
In 2022, subject to interest, we plan to add another regular weekly sailing event – perhaps Sunday morning or afternoon, followed by a social time at the ‘Rec Dec’. This will double the number of opportunities to get out sailing and to enjoy each others company both on and off the water.
In 2022, subject to interest, we plan to organize cruises to Point Abino and Port Dover. Cruising to another port offers the opportunity to enjoy the safety and camaraderie of like minded sailors, both on the water and in the destination port.
Port Colborne is on the Lake Erie Inter Club Regatta itinerary. The Regatta has been a Lake Erie tradition for many years and starts in Erie, Pa., travels to Port Dover, Port Colborne, and Point Abino. It is held the last week of June, and makes its return after a two-year hiatus due to the Pandemic. Details can be found at: https://www.erieinterclub.com/
Nearly all private yacht clubs around the lakes require visitors to be members of a reciprocal club. This allows our members to enjoy the hospitality of the member clubs on a reciprocal basis.
Sugarloaf Sailing Club is a non-profit incorporated entity dedicated to:
- Developing and fostering the sport of sailing
- Promoting and encouraging the development of good seamanship, navigational knowledge and sailing skills
- Arranging sailing competitions and cruising regattas, some with prizes, awards and distinctions being given after the event or at our Annual General Meeting and Christmas party.
- Organizing and sponsoring social events for the pleasure and accommodation of members and guests
- Participating in reciprocal agreements with other sailing clubs that provide visitor access and benefits